Luke goes off to the Palace to collect Gold
A CADET from March had a royal encounter when he travelled to London to receive his Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Luke Goodall, 17, was invited to St James’ Palace last Tuesday to meet HRH the Duke of Wessex at a special ceremony to honour his achievement.
The Duke spoke to Luke about the award and the obstacles he faced completing it.
Luke, who is a member of 1220 (March) Sqn, undertook various challenges to reach his goal, including a 50-mile expedition across the Lake District and a gliding scholarship. Other aspects of the award found him helping at an aircraft museum and improving his skills at model making.
Luke is now training with BAE to be an aircraft avionics engineer but still finds time to help at the sqaudron.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on 1220 Sqn log onto the website at www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’