Luke goes off to the Palace to collect Gold
A CADET from March had a royal encounter when he travelled to London to receive his Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Luke Goodall, 17, was invited to St James’ Palace last Tuesday to meet HRH the Duke of Wessex at a special ceremony to honour his achievement.
The Duke spoke to Luke about the award and the obstacles he faced completing it.
Luke, who is a member of 1220 (March) Sqn, undertook various challenges to reach his goal, including a 50-mile expedition across the Lake District and a gliding scholarship. Other aspects of the award found him helping at an aircraft museum and improving his skills at model making.
Luke is now training with BAE to be an aircraft avionics engineer but still finds time to help at the sqaudron.
For further information on 1220 Sqn log onto the website at www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?