Christmas fayre is great success at Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home held a Christmas fayre that raised around £800 for resident funds.
Lyncroft Care home held the annual event to raise money for the resident’s comfort fund which pays for activities and events throughout the year.
A spokesman for the home said: “All staff worked extremely hard and the event was a great success.
“We’d like to say thank you to the Mayor of Wisbech for opening the event and the 20 stall holders who attended with a wide range of Christmas gifts to sell.
“We even had a visit from Santa Clause who took time from his busy schedule to be with us. We managed to raise £800 for the resident’s comfort fund and we look forward to lots more in the new year.”
You may also want to watch:
Lyncroft is part of Country Court Care registered for 39 people aged 55 plus offering palliative care, day care, respite care, convalescent care,
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache