Dunham Woods Light Railway to open in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland branch of Macmillan Cancer Support is hosting an open day at Dunham Woods on Sunday July 29.
Dunham Woods Light Railway only runs a few times a year, but on next weekend the train will be running to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Members of the March, Chatteris and district fundraising group for Macmillan will be providing refreshments, including homemade cakes, teas and cold drinks. There will also be stalls and a raffle with prizes.
The woods will be open from 1-5pm, entry and car parking are both free.
The train rides are £1 per person, children under 5 ride free.
You may also want to watch:
Josephine Fried, of the group, said: “Come and enjoy a train ride, cold drinks, cake and a wander through the lovely woodland, all for the benefit of Macmillan Cancer Support.
“Funds raised will help local people whose lives have been affected by a cancer diagnosis.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The address of Dunham Woods is Rodham Road, March, PE15 0DN.
For more information, call 01354 661997 or visit www.facebook.com/DWLRailway