MAD WAX: Wisbech garage boss takes one on the chest
THE director of a Fenland car dealership described his company’s Breast Cancer Care fun day as “great but painful” today - after he had his chest waxed for the cause.
Martin Holmes, director of JS Holmes Ltd, gritted his teeth through a 15-minute sponsored waxing treatment at their showroom in Wisbech St Mary.
Staff, who came to work dressed in pink for the fundraiser, looked on as their boss took one on the chest for charity.
“It was a great, albeit very painful day,” said Mr Holmes.
“Breast Cancer Care is a very important charity to us and for the last couple of years we have hosted fundraisers as a way of showing our support and getting involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Being established in the area for over 50 years, it was great to see our customers enjoying the day and getting into the spirit of fundraising. I’m sure they all had a laugh at my expense too!
“Thank you to everyone who came along and donated.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Customers were invited in for cakes and refreshments in return for donations to the charity.
The showroom was also decked out in pink including company branded race suits and hats as the Nissan and Ford dealership, together with their fast-fit partner HiQ, raised money in style.
HiQ is an official charity partner to Breast Cancer Care as part of the national project pink programme. Since the partnership began in 2009, the brand has raised over �80,000.
For more information about J S Holmes Ltd please visit www.jsholmes.com or call 0845 271 7614. For more information about HiQ’s breast cancer care partnership, visit www.hiqonline.co.uk/projectpink