MADAOS to perform Little Shop of Horrors musical this Easter
- Credit: Archant
March And District Amateur Operatic Society (MADAOS) next production is an Easter performance of Little Shop of Horrors.
This show is about Seymour, a shy assistant in a run-down flower shop, who innocently buys a ‘strange and interesting’ plant and names it after his co-worker, Audrey, with whom he is in love, but who has a sadistic dentist for a boyfriend.
The “Audrey II” plant grows to an enormous size and needs constant feeding, with unusual results.
The cast includes Billy Garner (Seymour), Eleanor Pettet (Audrey), Adrian Casey (voice of Audrey II), Martin Lightburn (Orin), Stewart Bettles (Mr Mushnik), Amy Carter (Crystal), Kerry Casey (Ronette), Eleanor Savill (Chiffon), Della-Marie Reed (Chantal) and Jennifer Hawkins (Sharelle).
Because some scenes are gory (although funny), bringing children under 12 is not recommended, but children will be admitted with an adult who takes responsibility for the child.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed at March Community Centre, Station Road, March, in the evenings from Wednesday 17 to Saturday 20 April, with a matinee on the Saturday.
Tickets cost £12 and are available from Optima Estate Agents, 31 High Street, opposite March Market Place (01354 652488) or online at www.madaos.org.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens