MADAOS’ production of Mack & Mabel was another fantastic show
I HAD the pleasure of being invited to March and District Amateur Operatic Society’s latest production of Mack & Mabel on Saturday at Neale-Wade Community college.
Yet again we were entertained by another fantastic show by MADAOS, which showed their talent and professionalism in entertaining and amazing the audience.
The music was exciting and directed by the very talented Neil Keer and very much in-line with the old black and white two-reeler movies, the script kept to the story line and Paul Tinker told the story with usual flare.
The costumes and stage were authentic and served the production well and thanks must go to all those hard working individuals who were not seen on the stage for their efforts and professionalism in producing the effects.
The scene is set in the 1930s and the director Mack Sennett, who is the king of the silent comic film, has come back to his old studio. The story line is fascinating, full of “ups and downs” with a fantastic mixture of music and talking, all setting the scene and telling the story.
You may also want to watch:
Mabel, better know as Mabel Normand, a silent film actress, is the woman Sennett loves. The story tells of the climb to fame of this silent screen actress and the affection he shows towards her.
MADAOS deserve a massive pat on the back for their efforts and I have been privileged during my year as the Mayor of March to attend the last three productions and, although very different, they have all been produced and staged professionally.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Thank you for bringing so much entertainment and variety to us the audience.
I would like to encourage others to take time out and watch their future productions as I am sure you will have much pleasure from watching their performances and showing the local talent that’s on offer in this wonderful town of ours.
CLLR ANDREW PUGH
Mayor of March