MADAOS to hold read-throughs for ‘The Bakewell Bake Off’
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Dramatic and Operatic Society (MADAOS) has announced read-through dates for its next production.
It comes as MADAOS has been granted the licence to perform ‘The Bakewell Bake Off’, a new musical from Rogers and Hammerstein Theatricals, Europe.
Francis Pepper, MADAOS chairman, said: “Take seven eager contestants, three feuding judges and one bewildered hostess; add flour, eggs and sugar and mix together in a small village.
“Add the pressure of a baking competition and you’ve got a recipe for a hilarious musical comedy.”
Read-throughs for the show will be will be held at March Community Centre, 34 Station Road, March, PE15 8LE, on July 3, 5, 10 and 12 (Tuesdays and Thursdays) at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions are being held at the same venue on Sunday July 15 starting at 2pm.
The show will be performed at MCC on the evenings of Wednesday 24 to Saturday 27 October (with a matinee performance on the Saturday).
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“Everyone is welcome to come to the read-throughs to find out more about this exciting production,” Francis added.
“Sadly, there are no parts for children in this show.”