Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- Credit: Wisbech Standard reader
A major fire – believed to be hay bales – broke out in the Fens last night.
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesperson said it was dealing with “a large fire” on Grange Road, Walpole Cross Keys at around 8pm on Monday, October 25.
The village is eight miles from Wisbech.
Norfolk Fire Service confirmed two pumps attended and that the location is just off the A17.
Police also attended the scene of the blaze.
“We advise all in the area to keep doors and windows closed,” said a fire service spokesperson.
The fire service has now confirmed that the incident is over.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Support on hand for those suffering from fuel poverty this winter