Major improvement work on Wisbech road set to begin
- Credit: Archant
An eight-week £600,000 project to improve a Fenland road begins on Monday.
Contractors working on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council will resurface Chruchill Road, Wisbech, and introduce new kerbing,
Drainage will also be improved on the stretch between Freedom Bridge roundabout and the county boundary near Westmead Avenue.
The first part of the project will be carried out during daytime with occasional night work under single lane closures.
The resurfacing work is expected to be carried out overnight with the road closed between 8pm and 6am from February 10.
You may also want to watch:
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained, but delays are expected and drivers are being urged to find an alternative route or to allow extra time for their journey.
A signed diversion route will be in operation during the road closures.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
On street parking bays will be suspended during the project.