Major improvement work on Wisbech road set to begin
- Credit: Archant
An eight-week £600,000 project to improve a Fenland road begins on Monday.
Contractors working on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council will resurface Chruchill Road, Wisbech, and introduce new kerbing,
Drainage will also be improved on the stretch between Freedom Bridge roundabout and the county boundary near Westmead Avenue.
The first part of the project will be carried out during daytime with occasional night work under single lane closures.
The resurfacing work is expected to be carried out overnight with the road closed between 8pm and 6am from February 10.
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained, but delays are expected and drivers are being urged to find an alternative route or to allow extra time for their journey.
A signed diversion route will be in operation during the road closures.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 10 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
On street parking bays will be suspended during the project.