Major route through Fenland facing overnight closure as part of �350,000 improvement plan
MAJOR disruption- including overnight closure- can be expected as a �350,000 improvement plan for the A141 through parts of Fenland is carried out.
Overnight work to repair and resurface two stretches of the A141 will start on June 20 and take until mid-July to complete.
The first repair work will be carried out at the Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington, at a cost of �190,000.
Contractors working on behalf of the County Council anticipate this part of the work will be finished by July 2. They will then move on to the March Road, Rings End length of the A141, between the A47 and A605. Again the road will be repaired and resurfaced at a cost of �160,000. Work will take place for two weeks from July 4.
Diversions will be set up for the Isle of Ely Road work and traffic will be controlled by stop/go boards during the March Road, Rings End phase of work. But drivers are being warned that some disruption is inevitable and they should find an alternative route or allow extra time for their journey.
You may also want to watch:
The road works will take place overnight between 6.30 pm-6.30 am.
During the Isle of Ely Way work, the A141 will be closed to northbound traffic from Old Station Way to Bridge Lane - the diversion route will be-A141 Isle of Ely Way / Old Station Way B1093 / Doddington Road C308 / March Road C308 / A141 Isle of Ely Way. Traffic exiting right from B1093 Manea Road will be diverted along the diversion route.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 9 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
King Street, Wimblington will also be closed onto the A141 for a length of 50m and the diversion route will be King Street / Norfolk Street / Addison Road / March Road / A141 Isle of Ely Way.