Make 2015 the year you make a difference to somebody’s life
- Credit: Archant
A local charity is looking for people in March, Wisbech and surrounding areas who are interested in flexible volunteering opportunities in 2015.
Care Network Cambridgeshire help older, isolated or vulnerable people to stay independent and maintain social contact.
Manager Hilary Johnys said: “In 2014 our help at home volunteers provided practical and emotional support for people who were unwell, returning home from hospital or unwell at home over 2000 times and our community navigators provided over 6000 pieces of information to help older people make informed choices about useful or enjoyable activities in their area.
“Volunteering for Care Network is flexible and can fit around your other commitments, demand for our help is increasing, and we are looking for volunteers who will make a huge difference to people’s lives with just a few hours a month in 2015.
“Our services are very busy, especially over the winter period. Our volunteering opportunities are flexible and can fit around your other commitments. “You give as much or as little time as you would like. Training and support are given and we pay any out of pocket expenses.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.care-network.org.uk, contact email@example.com or call 01954 211919.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government