Make a donation to Santa’s Suitcase and bring some cheer to needy families
THERE’S still time to support this year’s Santa’s Suitcase appeal, launched by the March Anglia Co-operative Travel team and the Cambs Times to bring festive cheer to needy families.
There has already been a heart warming response to the appeal for toys, books and games to be given to needy families this Christmas - and our generous readers have until Saturday at 5pm to make a donation.
Natasha Thatcher, manager of the Broad Street branch, said: “People are being really kind. We have been delighted with the response so far, and we’re going to be able to help quite a few families facing hardship.”
All the gifts will be delivered to vulnerable families in the March and Chatteris area supported by the Ormiston Children and Families Trust.
Natasha said staff had been moved by some of the donations. “One gentleman brought in a box of toys, books and baby playthings,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“And a little girl - she was only aged about 4 – gave us a shoe box full of pencils, stickers, colouring books and crayons and said ‘please make sure it goes to a little girl who won’t be as lucky as me this Christmas’.”
If you can help the appeal with a donation of a toy, book, game or puzzle, please take it to the Anglia Co-operative Travel branch at 34 Broad Street by 5pm tomorrow (Saturday).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The appeal needs items for all age ranges , but for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.