Make a splash for a Fen swimming pool by becoming one of its trustees
- Credit: Archant
The Empress Swimming Pool at Chatteris is looking for more trustees to help secure the future of the pool.
The pool has been running as a successful charity for more than 30 years but is now looking to appoint up to three more trustees to help run the centre.
Anyone interested should live in Chatteris and ideally have an interest in swimming, preferably also have some practical skills and a reasonable knowledge of financial matters.
The pool is available for the benefit of residents of the town and surrounding villages.
It can be hired out in half hourly or hourly slots and season tickets can be bought for families or individuals.
You may also want to watch:
There are 28 out of a possible 150 family season tickets yet to be sold and 36 out of 150 individual tickets.
Season ticket holders can swim up to three times a day, seven days a week throughout the year, apart from over Christmas when the pool is closed for maintenance.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Geoffrey Brinton, trustee, said: “It is one of the few swimming pools in the area which is not subsidised in any way at all by the rate payer or the tax payer but still actually manges to make a small profit each year, after recovering its running expenses.”
If you are interested in becoming a trustee write to The Clerk, Empress Swimming Pool Trust, 9a Park Street, Chatteris PE16 6AB.