Make a splash with free lessons
FREE lunchtime swimming sessions in three of the four Fenland towns are on offer for those taking part in the county s biggest push yet to get more people to take exercise. The free lunchtime sessions are being offered next Wednesday at Fenland Council ow
FREE lunchtime swimming sessions in three of the four Fenland towns are on offer for those taking part in the county's biggest push yet to get more people to take exercise.
The free lunchtime sessions are being offered next Wednesday at Fenland Council owned pools at the Hudson Leisure Centre in March, the George Campbell in Wisbech and the Manor Leisure Centre at Whittlesey.
The Fenland initiatives follow a campaign by the 'Start Living Sport in 2007" organisation who is asking everyone to stop what they're doing at 12 noon next Wednesday to take part in 10 minutes of physical activity wherever they are.
"The idea is that we can learn how easy it is to fit more time for physical activity into our everyday lives, and become fitter, healthier and happier," said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"Thousands of people from businesses, local councils and schools have already signed up to the idea and will be doing something to get their heart beating faster for 10 minutes."
Cambridgeshire County Council is hosting a variety of exercise sessions, including installing a rowing machine in their council chambers that staff can use for free in their lunch break. They'll also be using the stairs instead of the lift and utilising some outdoors green space for a quick kick around.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
If you're out and about on the January 17, there will also be free events taking place in some central areas where you can try a range of exercise sessions, from yoga to dancing and Nordic walking, all for free.
These events will be at Cathedral Square in Peterborough, The Grafton Centre in Cambridge and Hinchingbrooke Country Park as well as organised sessions in some schools and village colleges.