Make over for March recycling centre
- Credit: Archant
A recycling and re-use centre was officially re-opened after being treated to a massive make over - using its own paint and materials.
The March community base has a total new look centre including a Banksy style mural painted by Cromwell Community College students.
Cambridgeshire Community Reuse and Recycling Network – CCORRN, is a local community organisation in Commercial Road.
The make over included brighter, more accessible displays and a new floor donated from the film set of the Peter “PAN” movie.
The scheme is run by a small team of staff and volunteers who collect, sort, test and redistribute low cost paint under contract to AmeyCespa on behalf of the county council.
You may also want to watch:
Also on site is the Bits and Bobs Scrapstore and Re:Form which stocks new and nearly new workwear .
Clothing includes steel toe cap boots, hi visibility coats and gloves all laundered, repaired and remanufactured at the centre.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
• The Community Reuse Centre is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Call 01354 607667.