Make sure you’re entitled to vote in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
Canvassers will be out and about in Fenland over the next couple of weeks seeking to ensure that the current electoral register is up to date.
They will be hand-delivering forms to all households for residents to check that the information that appears on the register for those living at their address is correct.
It is part of Fenland District Council’s annual voter registration canvass.
Joanne Anderson, FDC’s elections team leader, said: “Anyone that wants to vote in any election must be properly registered, so it’s really important that people check their details. We want to make sure that everyone who is entitled to vote is able to do so.
“If you have changed address in the past year, it’s particularly likely that you will need to register at your new address, so please check the form as soon as it arrives and return it to us as promptly as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone must respond to the household form using one of the methods shown on the form. However, if any individual is shown as not currently registered they can also simply go online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote . Alternatively, contact us and we’ll explain what to do.”
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call FDC on 01354 654321.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire