Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A ‘makeshift homemade go-kart' was seized by police following numerous reports of anti-social behaviour and driving in a careless manner.
Officers were called after the non-road legal kart was spotted driving around Nene Parade and Creek Road in March on Thursday afternoon (April 15).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers from the March Neighbourhood Policing Team received numerous reports of a male driving this makeshift homemade go-kart in a careless manner.
“Aside from causing anti-social behaviour to local residents the kart was also not road legal and didn't have any insurance.
“The kart has subsequently been seized under S165 of the Road Traffic Act.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “I think that's rather sad.
“Yes, of course it shouldn't have been driven illegally on the public road, but someone has spent a lot of time and effort making that.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
"He was driving like a nutter," added another.