Making an entrance
THE appearance of the entrances to Fenland s four towns are to be investigated, as is the state of weed-covered roundabouts in the Wisbech area. Councillor Jan French urged Fenland Council to upgrade the Wisbech Road gateway into March. Councillor Alan Me
THE appearance of the entrances to Fenland's four towns are to be investigated, as is the state of weed-covered roundabouts in the Wisbech area.
Councillor Jan French urged Fenland Council to upgrade the Wisbech Road gateway into March.
Councillor Alan Melton, 'open for business' portfolio holder, promised entrances to all market towns would be looked at. "First impressions are crucial," he said.
Councillor Roger Green asked if the council bring influence to bear on Cambridgeshire County Council to improve the "disgusting weed-infested roundabouts" at Wisbech and Guyhirn.
You may also want to watch:
It was pointed out that the roundabouts may be the responsibility of the Ministry of Transport. Even so Cllr Melton pledged that the council would investigate.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache