Male motorcylist taken to hospital after collision that closed main Fenland road for most of evening
- Credit: Archant
A main road through the Fens was closed for most of the evening and well into the night following a collision involving a car and a motorbike.
The A141 Isle Of Ely Way in March was closed with traffic halted in both directions between Peas Hill Roundabout and the B1101 Wimblington Road junction, because of an accident involving a car and a motorbike.
At one stage vehicles were backed up in one direction to Westry and to Wimblington in the other direction.
The collision involved a motorbike and what is thought to have been a jeep.
The male motorcyclist suffered a serious break to a leg and other injuries and was flown by Magpas to hospital. An eye witness said the man was “conscious and breathing and chatting away at the scene”.
You may also want to watch:
The collision occurred at the Gaul Road junction..
One local resident, Collette Arnold, revealed that following the collision – the latest in a series at this junction- she was starting a Facebook group to try and lobby for improvements.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Although lights are planned at the junction as part of additional housing planned for Gaul Road, she hopes to persuade councillors to join her campaign for a speedier resolution of the issues.
She has appealed for anyone with information about previous incidents at the junction to get in touch.