Man, 20, suffers ‘potentially life-threatening’ injuries in stabbing near home of Wisbech Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man is in hospital after being stabbed in Wisbech.
The man suffered what police described as potentially life-threatening injuries after being attacked in a field near Wisbech Rugby Club, in Chapel Road, between 9.30pm and 10.30pm on Friday.
He remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to call police.
The offender is described as Polish, white, blond, in his early 20s with a tattoo on his right forearm. He was wearing black clothing and made off on a dark red bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Emily Nutton said: “This was a nasty, isolated, incident and it is only sheer luck that the victim did not suffer more serious injuries.
“The area was very busy at the time of the stabbing and I would urge anyone who saw what happened to call police.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
“We also have a very good description of the offender and I would appeal to anyone who recognises them to contact us.”
Anyone with any information should call Det Con Nutton on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.