Man, 40, attacked with axe in his Fenland home
TWO MEN have been remanded in custody after a 40-year-old man was attacked in his Fenland home with an axe.
The victim was taken to hospital with a head injury following the attack in Basin Road in Outwell, near Wisbech, at noon on Sunday.
Adrian Hancock, 25, of New Drove, Wisbech, and Steven Hancock, 53, of Basin Road, Outwell, have been charged with wounding with intent and appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Monday, May 16.
Police are taking no further action against a 22-year-old man who was also arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man has since been released from hospital and is recovering at home.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits