Man, 42, to appear before Cambridge magistrates accused of New Year’s Day Burwell murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the death of Jess Smith in Burwell.
Mark Mosley, 42, of First Drove, Burwell, has been charged with murder and attempted murder and is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning (January 12).
Four other people who were arrested on Thursday (January 8) in connection with the murder on New Year’s Day have been released on police bail.
Mr Smith, 36, of Common Road, Potton, Bedfordshire, died following an incident in First Drove, Burwell, in the early hours of January 1.
A post mortem examination the following day concluded he died as a result of a gunshot wound to the back.
The three men, aged 17, 19, and 27, and a 38-year-old woman have been bailed until February 24.
A 57-year-old man from Burwell arrested earlier has been bailed until February 3.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers