Man, 42, to appear before Cambridge magistrates accused of New Year’s Day Burwell murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the death of Jess Smith in Burwell.
Mark Mosley, 42, of First Drove, Burwell, has been charged with murder and attempted murder and is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning (January 12).
Four other people who were arrested on Thursday (January 8) in connection with the murder on New Year’s Day have been released on police bail.
Mr Smith, 36, of Common Road, Potton, Bedfordshire, died following an incident in First Drove, Burwell, in the early hours of January 1.
A post mortem examination the following day concluded he died as a result of a gunshot wound to the back.
You may also want to watch:
The three men, aged 17, 19, and 27, and a 38-year-old woman have been bailed until February 24.
A 57-year-old man from Burwell arrested earlier has been bailed until February 3.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital