Man and boy from Chatteris arrested after attack at Witcham Toll leaves man with serious head injury
- Credit: Archant
A MAN suffered a serious head injury after being assaulted on a filling station forecourt at Witcham Toll.
The 46-year-old, from Ely, was attacked at the Jet station, in Witcham Toll, at about 9am on Monday (May 6).
He was treated in hospital and has since been released.
Police confirmed that a 37-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy, both from Chatteris, were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. The 17-year-old has been bailed until May 17 and the 37-year-old has been bailed until June 17.
Detective Sergeant John Yore said: “This was a serious assault but we are treating it as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw what happened. There were a number of witnesses in the area who could help my investigation and I would appeal for them to come forward.”
Anyone with information should call DS Yore at Ely on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children