Suspected drink driver, in his 50s, arrested after ploughing his Vauxhall Corsa car into Peas Hill Roundabout in March
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after smashing – and parking – his car into a Fen roundabout while reportedly under the influence of alcohol.
Motorists had a shock on Thursday evening (August 22) when they saw the small red Vauxhall Corsa perched on the edge of Peas Hill Roundabout in March.
"When the SatNav said 'go straight over the roundabout' it didn't mean literally", someone on social media joked after images emerged of the feat online.
The driver, a man in his 50s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving and was taken to King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
Pictures - taken by eye witnesses - show the car with all four wheels off the ground after nearly ending up in the centre of the roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 6.33pm to reports on a single vehicle collision on Wisbech Road, March.
"A red Vauxhall Corsa had collided with a roundabout. Officers attended and a man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
"He was taken to King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre where he remains in custody."