Man arrested after nine-vehicle crash on key Fen road leaves eight injured
A MAN has been arrested after a massive nine-vehicle crash blocked a key Fen road this morning.
Eight people were injured in the accident, which happened at 7.33am on the A17 at Fleet Hargate, near Spalding, Lincolnshire.
The crash involved two HGV lorries, a van and six cars. Two people were air-lifted to hospital, with six being taken by ambulance. It is not thought that any life threatening injuries were sustained.
The driver of a Dutch registered Scania HGV was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taken to Spalding police station.
The accident blocked the A17, which was closed with diversions in place at the Boston Road South roundabout and the Anglia Motel.
Three double crew ambulances, two fast response vehicles and two air ambulances were sent to the scene, with an operational manager deployed to manage the incident.
Lynn Rutland, from East Midlands Ambulance Service, said: “This was a particularly large scale and serious incident but our crews reacted in a highly professional manner and provided the best possible care for the casualties.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“This was a good example of EMAS working in partnership with other emergency services.”