Man arrested after nine-vehicle crash on key Fen road leaves eight injured
A MAN has been arrested after a massive nine-vehicle crash blocked a key Fen road this morning.
Eight people were injured in the accident, which happened at 7.33am on the A17 at Fleet Hargate, near Spalding, Lincolnshire.
The crash involved two HGV lorries, a van and six cars. Two people were air-lifted to hospital, with six being taken by ambulance. It is not thought that any life threatening injuries were sustained.
The driver of a Dutch registered Scania HGV was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taken to Spalding police station.
The accident blocked the A17, which was closed with diversions in place at the Boston Road South roundabout and the Anglia Motel.
You may also want to watch:
Three double crew ambulances, two fast response vehicles and two air ambulances were sent to the scene, with an operational manager deployed to manage the incident.
Lynn Rutland, from East Midlands Ambulance Service, said: “This was a particularly large scale and serious incident but our crews reacted in a highly professional manner and provided the best possible care for the casualties.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 9 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
“This was a good example of EMAS working in partnership with other emergency services.”