Man arrested after teenager is beaten with two-foot metal bar in �20 Leverington robbery
A MAN has been arrested after a teenager was struck with a metal bar during a robbery in Leverington.
The 18-year-old was beaten with the two-foot weapon and had �20 stolen from his pocket during the attack on Friday.
He had been walking along Gorefield Road, at about 4pm, when he felt a blow to the back of his head.
He fell to the floor and saw two men standing over him, one armed with the metal bar. He was struck again before the money was taken.
The attackers fled after a man stopped in a dark blue people carrier. The driver took the victim home and police were called.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was treated at hospital but was not seriously hurt.
A 17-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and bailed until October 3.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
DC Tom Herbert, from March Police Station, said: “This was a vicious attack which left the victim with minor injuries but it could easily have been worse.
“The offenders made off after a ‘good samaritan’ stopped his car at the scene of the offence to offer assistance. The vehicle had been heading in the direction of Gorefield.
“The victim is very grateful to this man and we would like to contact him as he may have witnessed the attack.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Herbert on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.