Man arrested in Soham after police discover 12 cannabis plants - they also revoke his firearms licence and seize 13 firearms
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man in Soham today for drug offences - and confiscated a mini arsenal of weapons after revoking his firearms certificate.
Police say the man is suspected of cultivating 12 semi-mature cannabis plants in a coordinated set up.
East Cambridgeshire Police were called to a house in Barcham Road this morning (Thursday 26) following a tip-off.
Sergeant Tim Kirkby said: “We don’t see a collection of firearms like this and a cultivation of controlled drugs to be a happy combination for our community.
“All of the materials are now out of harms way and the gentleman will be dealt with accordingly.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say that when they arrived they found the illegal plants alongside a collection of 13 firearms and ammunition.
The suspect was found to possess the weaponry legally but police decided to revoke his firearms certificate. The weapons have been removed from the house.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Weapons included pump action shotguns, sniper rifles with silencers, sophisticated night scopes and .243 calibre ammunition.