Man bailed after drugs raid finds cannabis plants at his Wisbech home
UP to 25 cannabis plants were found at a Fenland home during a drugs raid that was launched after police were tipped off by an anonymous letter.
A 38 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class B drugs with intent to supply after police raided the home in Roman Bank, Leverington. He was bailed until January 13.
The plants were discovered in both his house and shed after police were sent a tip off in an anonymous letter.
Officers arrived at the scene at around 9am and detained the man with the aid of sniffer dogs and a scientific support vehicle.
His arrest may end six years of misery for neighbours who claim they were tormented by constant disturbance.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour said: “I have had absolute hell since they got here. I try to block it out but I can’t - it’s left me feeling insecure.
“There used to be cars pulling up at all hours in the day and night. I’m just glad something has finally happened.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
The suspect, who sold free range eggs from the front of his property, had also kept chickens in his back garden.