Man bailed after drugs raid finds cannabis plants at his Wisbech home
UP to 25 cannabis plants were found at a Fenland home during a drugs raid that was launched after police were tipped off by an anonymous letter.
A 38 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class B drugs with intent to supply after police raided the home in Roman Bank, Leverington. He was bailed until January 13.
The plants were discovered in both his house and shed after police were sent a tip off in an anonymous letter.
Officers arrived at the scene at around 9am and detained the man with the aid of sniffer dogs and a scientific support vehicle.
His arrest may end six years of misery for neighbours who claim they were tormented by constant disturbance.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour said: “I have had absolute hell since they got here. I try to block it out but I can’t - it’s left me feeling insecure.
“There used to be cars pulling up at all hours in the day and night. I’m just glad something has finally happened.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
The suspect, who sold free range eggs from the front of his property, had also kept chickens in his back garden.