Man bailed after drugs raid finds cannabis plants at his Wisbech home
UP to 25 cannabis plants were found at a Fenland home during a drugs raid that was launched after police were tipped off by an anonymous letter.
A 38 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class B drugs with intent to supply after police raided the home in Roman Bank, Leverington. He was bailed until January 13.
The plants were discovered in both his house and shed after police were sent a tip off in an anonymous letter.
Officers arrived at the scene at around 9am and detained the man with the aid of sniffer dogs and a scientific support vehicle.
His arrest may end six years of misery for neighbours who claim they were tormented by constant disturbance.
One neighbour said: “I have had absolute hell since they got here. I try to block it out but I can’t - it’s left me feeling insecure.
“There used to be cars pulling up at all hours in the day and night. I’m just glad something has finally happened.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
The suspect, who sold free range eggs from the front of his property, had also kept chickens in his back garden.