Man barged over in unprovoked attack outside Somerfield in March
A MAN was barged over and threatened in an unprovoked attack in March High Street.
The 22 year old was walking past Somerfield supermarket towards Broad Street at about 3.30pm on Tuesday October 12 when he heard shouting behind him.
He was then barged from behind and knocked to the ground by a man who began verbally abusing him.
The victim tried to walk away but was tripped over by the man. The attacker was pulled away by another man and taken into a nearby pub while the victim continued on his way before calling police.
The attacker is described as white, about 25, 5ft 5in, slim and muscular with short dark brown hair and blue eyes.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Dan Brain said: “This was an unprovoked assault on a man who was trying to go about his daily business.
“I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or anyone who thinks they recognise the man described.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 9 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
CONTACT: Pc Brain on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.