Man barged over in unprovoked attack outside Somerfield in March
A MAN was barged over and threatened in an unprovoked attack in March High Street.
The 22 year old was walking past Somerfield supermarket towards Broad Street at about 3.30pm on Tuesday October 12 when he heard shouting behind him.
He was then barged from behind and knocked to the ground by a man who began verbally abusing him.
The victim tried to walk away but was tripped over by the man. The attacker was pulled away by another man and taken into a nearby pub while the victim continued on his way before calling police.
The attacker is described as white, about 25, 5ft 5in, slim and muscular with short dark brown hair and blue eyes.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Dan Brain said: “This was an unprovoked assault on a man who was trying to go about his daily business.
“I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or anyone who thinks they recognise the man described.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
CONTACT: Pc Brain on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.