Van driver robbed and beaten with baton by four men on unregistered mopeds
- Credit: Archant
A van driver was robbed and beaten with a police-style baton by four men on unregistered mopeds when he pulled over in a layby to let them pass.
The 45-year-old victim was driving his white works van on the A15 at about 8am on Wednesday (July 8) after leaving the fuel station in Glinton.
He noticed a moped flashing its lights behind him so pulled to one side to let it through when it started to slow in front of him.
A second moped then approached from behind and began hitting the van with a police-style baton in an attempt to make the driver pull over.
The victim stopped in a layby and got out the van when one of the men on the mopeds, described as having a ‘scouse’ accent, beat him with the baton and made demands for him to hand over the keys to the van.
You may also want to watch:
After a struggle four men made off empty-handed on two mopeds, neither of which displayed number plates.
Anyone with information should contact police either by calling 101 or report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report and quote 35/44806/20.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 3 Homes for Chatteris included in £16.8m combined authority fund
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 8 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 9 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 10 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized