Man charged with murder in connection with death of Cambridgeshire man Andrew Hasler
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of a Cambridgeshire man.
Matthew Sharpe, 40, of St Neots, was arrested on Sunday afternoon (January 8) after police were called to a violent incident in St Ives.
Officers were called at about 12.40pm with reports of violence in Houghton Road and on arrival found two people were injured.
Andrew Hasler, 28, of Houghton Road, in St Ives, suffered multiple stab wounds and died at the scene.
A 27-year-old woman, from Huntingdon, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for treatment. She was released on Tuesday (January 10).
Sharpe was transferred to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, on Tuesday evening after spending time in hospital.
Yesterday evening (Wednesday) he was charged with the murder of Hasler and the attempted murder of the 27-year-old woman. He has been remanded in police custody to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court this morning (Thursday).
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
- 10 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers