Man in 60s dies after sports car crashes into archway
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a sports car crashed into an archway in King's Lynn.
Police were called just before 4am on Good Friday (April 2) following reports a grey Mazda MX-5 had collided with South Gate on the A148 London Road.
The driver, a man in his 60s, died at the scene.
London Road was temporarily closed in both directions between Southgates Roundabout and the junction with Windsor Road, as were a number of side streets, while emergency services were at the scene.
Police are now appealing for any witnesses to come forward and would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or have any information regarding it.
Those with relevant information or dashcam footage are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit by emailing SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk or calling 101, and quoting incident number 50 of April 2.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early