Man in 60s dies after sports car crashes into archway
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a sports car crashed into an archway in King's Lynn.
Police were called just before 4am on Good Friday (April 2) following reports a grey Mazda MX-5 had collided with South Gate on the A148 London Road.
The driver, a man in his 60s, died at the scene.
London Road was temporarily closed in both directions between Southgates Roundabout and the junction with Windsor Road, as were a number of side streets, while emergency services were at the scene.
Police are now appealing for any witnesses to come forward and would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or have any information regarding it.
Those with relevant information or dashcam footage are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit by emailing SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk or calling 101, and quoting incident number 50 of April 2.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely