Man dies after collision between car and lorry on A47
A MAN has died following a two-vehicle collision on the A47 this morning.
Emergency services were called to the collision on the outskirts of Peterborough, near Sutton, at around 2.30am.
The driver of the Chrysler Neon car was pronounced dead at the scene after his vehicle collided with a Ford Iveco HGV lorry.
The East of England Ambulance Service treated a casualty for an injured arm before taking them to Peterborough City Hospital by land ambulance.
The A47 was closed from its junction with the A1 to the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway section near Sutton but reopened around 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home