Man, 21, dies after collision on A16 near Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A man died following a collision near Peterborough yesterday evening (February 12).
The collision between a HGV and a 21-year-old man happened on the A16 at Newborough at around 8.26pm.
Emergency services attended, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the lorry was not injured and has not been arrested.
The road was initially closed, but has since been re-opened.
It comes after a 51-year-old man from Spalding died in a four-vehicle collision on the same road last week.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened should contact police on 101 quoting incident 458 of 12 February.
Alternatively, you can report information online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off