Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a suspected drug-fuelled three-car fatal crash.
The cars collided at around 6am on the B1101 Elm Road in March this morning (June 18), forcing the road shut for several hours.
A March man, aged in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene after the crash which involved a grey Mercedes C220, a grey Audi A4 and parked Blue Ford Galaxy.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 20s from March, tested positive after a roadside drugs test and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He remains at Addenbrooke's hospital where he is being treated for serious injuries.
A passenger from the Mercedes suffered slight injuries and was also taken to hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 A1 Northbound shut due to overturned lorry near Peterborough
- 2 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 7 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 8 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, who is investigating, said: “I would be particularly keen to hear from any Elm Road residents who may have CCTV footage capturing the collision.
“Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact us via web chat, online forms or 101 quoting incident 72 of June 18.”