Man dies in crash in the early hours today (Tuesday 1) near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a crash on the outskirts of Whittlesey in the early hours today (Tuesday 1).
Police are at the scene of the two vehicle fatal collision at Ramsey Road at about 4.20am.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “One of the drivers, a man, suffered fatal injuries and sadly died at the scene.
“The driver of the other vehicle, a man, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and has been taken to Thorpe Wood police station.
“The B1040 between Whittlesey and Pondersbridge is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 56 of August 1, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success