Man dies in crash in the early hours today (Tuesday 1) near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a crash on the outskirts of Whittlesey in the early hours today (Tuesday 1).
Police are at the scene of the two vehicle fatal collision at Ramsey Road at about 4.20am.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “One of the drivers, a man, suffered fatal injuries and sadly died at the scene.
“The driver of the other vehicle, a man, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and has been taken to Thorpe Wood police station.
“The B1040 between Whittlesey and Pondersbridge is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 56 of August 1, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze