Man from Wisbech who died after being hit by a lorry while repairing a tractor near Little Downham has been named
- Credit: Archant
A man who died after being hit by a lorry near Little Downham while repairing a tractor on the roadside has been named as Alvis Smith from Wisbech.
The 48-year-old, of Tower Road, was hit by the Iveco Ford HGV at around 2.15pm on Tuesday (June 19) in Main Drove.
He tragically died at the scene.
A second man, also in his 40s, received serious, but not life threatening, injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The driver of the vehicle, a man in his 50s, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are investigating the circumstances of the collision. No arrests have been made.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack