Man escapes attempted robbery in Fenland town after being held by two men who demanded money
A MAN managed to escape with just a ripped jacket after two men grabbed him and demanded money.
The 37-year-old victim was walking along Robingoodfellow’s Lane in March at around 6.45pm on Saturday. He was approached by the pair but was able to struggle free from their grip before running off.
One of the men was white and described as being of medium build, 5ft 11in, in his mid to late 20s, clean shaven with dark hair. He was wearing a black, shiny bomber-style jacket and white trainers.
The other man was described as white, 5ft 9in, of medium build, 20-30 years of age. He was wearing a mustard-coloured hooded top.
Det Con Jon Edwards, investigating, said: “This was a frightening experience for the victim who managed to fight off the two men.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened or has any information to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call DC Edwards on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run