‘Eastern European’ man, believed to be in his 40s, found dead at HMO in March - as residents speak of their shock
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found dead in a March house with three people arrested on suspicion of murder.
The body of the man, who is believed to be of Eastern European origin in his 40s, was discovered at the house of multiple occupation (HMO) in Creek Road on Wednesday evening.
Two men, aged 35 and 53, and a women aged 42, are currently in police custody.
Police swooped on the street this morning as neighbour’s spoke of their shock.
A white tent was erected in the back garden as forensic officers cordoned off the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Collins, 75, who has lived opposite for more than 50 years, said there had been ‘problems’ in the road in recent years.
He explained: “When it’s sunny the tenants can be out the back drinking and fighting – there is always a lot of noise.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“I think they are mainly Lithuanian people.
“Police cars pulled up at about 8.30pm last night and that’s when it all kicked off.
“You see so many different people coming and going and often there are disputes between them.
“It’s a HMO so lots of problems have happened there in recent years.”
Another resident, who did not wish to be named, said: “There is always something going on. I would often hear shouting coming from the property.
“There’s about eight or nine people who come and go so you never really know how many do live there.
“Last night there were police cars all over the road. Then an ambulance turned up.
“It still shocks me that something like this can happen in the area – it’s getting worse around here but you just don’t expect that.”
The HMO has five tenants, who each pay £60, but can be up to eight or nine living there.
It is claimed that complaints have been made to landlord - who is a March postman.
A police spokesman said: “Officers are currently dealing with the sudden death of a man in Creek Road, March.
“At this time the death is being treated as unexplained, pending forensic testing.
“Three people, two men aged 35 and 53, and a woman aged 42, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in police custody.”