Man found in closed park with cannabis and grinder amid UK lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A man was found in a closed Fenland park with cannabis and a grinder trying to have a “crafty joint” amid the ongoing UK lockdown.
Due to the widespread coronavirus outbreak, parks across Cambridgeshire and Fenland have been forced shut to slow the spread of the virus.
Officers came across the man on Sunday, April 6 who was ignoring not only the law, but the guidelines put in place by the Government for our safety.
The officer on duty said: “I do like a nice walk in the park. Well I did, until a virus came to town.
“Both my crew partner and I have been patrolling the parks to make sure current legislation is not broken. I am pleased to report all was well.
You may also want to watch:
“The only exception being one individual decided a closed park would be a good place to have a crafty joint.
“Sadly, for him he met two Neighbourhood Officers who confiscated his plant material and submitted his details for legal process.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“The moto of the story is, if you are going to break the covid rules, and go to the park, don’t smoke weed as well. Stay safe. Stay inside.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: email@example.com