Man in court accused of Fenland caravan theft
A MAN found driving a car towing a caravan stolen from the Fens will appear at court today.
Aronas Burskys, 45, of no fixed abode, was arrested by Kent police as he tried to leave the the country at Dover on Monday. The caravan was flagged as having been stolen from Walpole St Peter on July 19.
He was remanded in police custody to appear at King’s Lynn Magistrate’s Court today to face a charge of receiving stolen goods.
Police in the Terrington neighbourhood, which includes Walpole St Peter, have recently issued a warning to locals following an increase in vehicle crime, including caravan thefts, in recent weeks.
Inspector Mick Bates said: “While we continue to do what we can to deter and apprehend thieves, the local community acts as our eyes and ears to report suspicious activity. Motorists continue to be advised to use all necessary security precautions to protect their vehicles and to remove valuables from within when not in use.”
You may also want to watch:
Last month two caravan thieves were convicted after being arrested when police were alerted by quick-thinking residents in Upwell. Officers were able to catch the thieves as they made off through Cambridgeshire following the theft on January 6. The 19-year-old driver was sent to a Young Offenders’ Institute for six months and his accomplice ordered to carry out 200 hours unpaid work in the community.
To report suspicious activity to police call 0845 456 4567. For further policing news for your area, including updates on offenders brought to justice, visit the Safer Neighbourhood Team pages at www.norfolk.police.uk
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure