Man in court following Operation Endeavour
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who was arrested as part of Operation Endeavour had been charged and appeared in court.
Juris Valujevs, 35, of Turbus Road, King’s Lynn, has been charged with acting as an unlicensed gangmaster, fraud by false representation, conspiring to commit immigration offences and blackmail.
Mr Valujevs, who was arrested on Friday, appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Saturday (October 19) and was remanded until Thursday (October 24).
Nine other people were arrested as part of Endeavour in the early hours of Tuesday (October 15) at addresses in Wisbech, March and King’s Lynn.
The operation was led by police and the Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLA) and also involved the National Crime Agency (NCA), Fenland District Council, the Home Office and the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA).
You may also want to watch:
Endeavour is a joint police and GLA inquiry into the exploitation of migrant workers in the Wisbech area, mainly from Lithuania and Latvia, which has been running for four months.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show