Man in his 40’s taken to hospital following three vehicle collision on the Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital following a serious collision between three vehicles.
The crash caused long delays on the A141 Isle of Ely Way at Wimblington.
A man in his 40’s was treated for neck and back pain and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) said they received a call at 11.40am today (3) and sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance.
The man’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or serious, they said.
You may also want to watch:
Three vehicles - a blue Vauxhall Meriva, white Mercedes Sprinter van and blue Volvo - were involved in the incident.
The road was partially blocked in both directions following the incident.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The road was cleared at about 1.30pm.