Man in his 50s airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after falling 15ft from roof in Station Road, March
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was airlifted to hospital this morning after he fell 15ft from a roof in Station Road, March.
Crews from March, Chatteris and Dogsthorpe were called to assist a Magpas air ambulance team at around 8.06am.
Firefighters worked alongside the East of England Ambulance Service HART Team and Magpas Aiar Ambulance.
“The casualty was taken by helicopter to Addenbrooke’s Hospital,” said a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue.
A Magpas spokesman said: “At 8.06am this morning, Magpas doctor Saad Jawaid, paramedic Andy Smith and paramedic Dan Cody landed in a built-up area of March, via the Magpas Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“They were called to treat a man who had fallen 15 feet (approximately) from a roof.
“The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed the patient (in his 50s) who had sustained serious injuries to his body.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
“They gave the man enhanced pain relief and sedated him (providing A&E level care at the scene). The Magpas doctor and paramedics then worked alongside a Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service crew and a HART team to move the patient safely into the air ambulance, before flying him onto Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further investigation.
“Upon arrival at the hospital, the man was in serious but stable condition.
“The helicopter crew who flew the patient and the medical team were Magpas chief pilot Richard Eastwood and crew member Simon Amos.
“EEAST Ambulance Service paramedic crews were also in attendance.”