Motorcycle crash in Mepal leaves man in ‘very serious but stable condition’
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in Mepal last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the collision involving a silver Nissan X-Trail and a Vespa Piaggioliberty.
It happened on the A142 Chatteris Road at 7.20pm, outside the Mepal Outdoor Centre.
The man sustained ‘multiple serious injuries’ and was sedated at the scene before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where medics said he was in a ‘very serious but stable condition’ upon arrival.
Sergeant Declan Mcdonagh from Cambridgeshire Police said: “I would like anyone who witnessed the collision or anybody with dash cam footage to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Magpas Doctor Mike Carachi and Paramedic Ollie Robinson arrived at the scene via a Magpas Air Ambulance rapid response vehicle at 8.28pm.
An EAST Ambulance Service paramedic crew and the Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it is asked to contact the road policing unit by calling 101 and quote incident 420 of May 1, or report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.