Man is trapped for seven hours after his car crashes into a ditch at Tilney All Saints
- Credit: Archant
A man sat trapped in his car in a ditch for almost seven hours before somebody noticed he had been in a serious collision on the A47.
The man had serious injuries to his chest although they are not believed to be life threatening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the road traffic collision at Tilney All Saints.
Officers were called at around 5.30am on Tuesday July 7 to reports of a car, a green Peugeot 206, in a ditch.
On arrival they found a man in the car with serious injuries to his chest and he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Following enquiries, officers believe the car had left the road at around 10.45pm on Monday July 6 and the man remained in the car until it was found yesterday morning.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Anyone with information should contact the Norfolk Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.