Man killed in collision on Fenland road used as diversion following closure of A1101 at Welney through flooding
- Credit: Archant
A man has died on a Fenland road which is one of the diversion routes being used by many motorists following the closure of the A1101 at Welney because of flooding.
The collision happened at around 6.45am on Southery Road, Feltwell, which is the seven mile stretch linking both villages to the A10.
It involved a white Nissan van and a blue Toyota truck. The van went into a ditch and the male driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 55-year-old man from the Thetford area has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and is currently in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre awaiting questioning.
The road was closed until 11.20am whilst a collision investigation got underway.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or saw the manner of driving of the two vehicles beforehand. Officers also want to hear from anyone who may have seen any debris in the road prior to the collision.
Contact Norfolk’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens