Man left unconscious after being attacked by golf club in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A man was attacked with a golf club, kicked, stamped on and had his mobile phone stolen outside a house on Sunday.
The 28-year-old victim was smoking a cigarette in the front garden of a home in Chestnut Crescent, Whittlesey, at about 3am when three men approached.
One asked him for a light while another asked for the time.
As he got his iPhone out of his pocket one of the men struck him to the head with the golf club, knocking him to the ground.
He was kicked and stamped on before the men made off, leaving him unconscious.
You may also want to watch:
The main attacker was described as being white, in his late 20s, 5’10”, stocky and muscular, with short blond spiky hair and wearing blue jeans, white trainers and a white t-shirt with a woman’s face on the front.
The others were only described as white and in their 20s.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
DC Colin Johnson said: “This was a nasty robbery in which all three attackers kicked and stamped on the victim while he was on the ground, leaving him briefly unconscious but luckily not seriously injured.
“I would appeal for anyone who knows who these men might be or has any information at all about the attack to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Johnson on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.