Man pleads not guilty to causing death of March police officer Sharon Garrett by dangerous driving in A141 collison
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to causing the death by dangerous driving of a March police officer.
Danny Warby, of School Road, Runcton Holme, King’s Lynn, appeared at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday charged with causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the death of Sharon Garrett.
A further case management hearing is scheduled for October 21 at Peterborough Crown Court, with an anticipated trial date set for December 7 at the same court.
The incident happened at 4.35pm on June 6, 2014, on the A141 at Wyton when the Renault Clio Sharon was driving was involved in a collision with two other cars and two lorries.
Detective Constable Garrett, 48, joined Cambridgeshire Police in 1991 and served in a number of roles across the force, most recently investigating complex fraud offences in the Economic Crime Unit.
You may also want to watch:
She was survived by her husband, Adrian, who is also a serving Cambridgeshire police officer and their two children.
Chief Constable Simon Parr said after her death: “Detective Constable Sharon Garrett was an exceptional police officer and will be truly missed by all of the many friends and colleagues who she had within the constabulary.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“The death of Sharon in such tragic circumstances is so incredibly sad. My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go to her husband, children and immediate family but also to the many friends and colleagues who will feel the loss of such an exceptional person.”