Man pleads not guilty to causing death of March police officer Sharon Garrett by dangerous driving in A141 collison
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to causing the death by dangerous driving of a March police officer.
Danny Warby, of School Road, Runcton Holme, King’s Lynn, appeared at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday charged with causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the death of Sharon Garrett.
A further case management hearing is scheduled for October 21 at Peterborough Crown Court, with an anticipated trial date set for December 7 at the same court.
The incident happened at 4.35pm on June 6, 2014, on the A141 at Wyton when the Renault Clio Sharon was driving was involved in a collision with two other cars and two lorries.
Detective Constable Garrett, 48, joined Cambridgeshire Police in 1991 and served in a number of roles across the force, most recently investigating complex fraud offences in the Economic Crime Unit.
She was survived by her husband, Adrian, who is also a serving Cambridgeshire police officer and their two children.
Chief Constable Simon Parr said after her death: “Detective Constable Sharon Garrett was an exceptional police officer and will be truly missed by all of the many friends and colleagues who she had within the constabulary.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
“The death of Sharon in such tragic circumstances is so incredibly sad. My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go to her husband, children and immediate family but also to the many friends and colleagues who will feel the loss of such an exceptional person.”