Man punched and kicked as he walks through Fenland town
- Credit: Archant
A man was punched and kicked by an attacker as he walked in March.
The incident happened at about 4.15pm on Saturday in Badgeney Road, near the Co-op.
The 22-year-old victim was knocked to the ground where he was kicked and punched.
A woman driving past in a blue Vauxhall Astra sounded here horn and the attacker fled.
The victim was treated for injuries at the scene by paramedics and then taken to Peterborough City Hospital but he was not seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker was described as white, in his late 20s, stocky, and wearing a blue hooded top and blue baseball cap.
PC Kurt Allen, who is investigating, said: “This was a nasty and apparently unprovoked attack and I am keen to speak to anyone who saw what happened. I would particularly like to make contact with the woman who helped stop the attack by beeping her horn.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Anyone with information should contact PC Allen on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.